If you are in the SaaS industry, you probably know that there are plenty of benefits of blogging for B2B SaaS, including better search engine rankings, covering complex topics, increased SaaS sales, and targeted traffic.
To improve your online presence, you need to focus on a quality SaaS website that:
- Loads fast enough on any device
- The content on pages matches the page intent
- Offers an insight into how the SaaS product works
- Includes testimonials and reviews from real users
- Incorporates knowledge resources like B2B blog posts and aftersales content
- Nurtures the loyal customers, making them advocates
- Has clear and intuitive navigation for improved user experience
Surely, the B2B SaaS blogs are a crucial part of the bigger content marketing strategy. You can use them to offer valuable insights and knowledge, which search engines appreciate and reward with higher SERP ranking.
So, let’s learn more about B2B SaaS blogging SEO benefits, how to write SEO blogs for SaaS, and how to use them as communication channels with the buyers in their awareness stage.
Table of Contents
- What is SaaS Blogging?
- Understanding Your B2B SaaS Audience
- Crafting a Strategy For a SaaS Blog
- The SEO Benefits of Blogging for B2B SaaS Summarized
What is SaaS Blogging?
SaaS blogging is a common practice of writing and publishing detailed blog posts about software as a service. The goal is to educate the potential customers, showcase expertise, and promote the product by covering:
- SaaS product reviews and tutorials
- SaaS marketing and sales tips
- SaaS customer success stories
- SaaS industry news and trends
- SaaS thought leadership pieces
Benefits of Blogging for SaaS
SaaS blogging can bring benefits to companies of all sizes, offering different types of products. When written properly, following the best SEO practices, as well as content marketing trends, blog posts may help you:
- Increase web traffic and leads to attract potential customers
- Educate the leads about your products and services
- Establishing thought leadership in a competitive industry
- Improve brand awareness and overall authority
- Generate leads and boost sales
- Build long-lasting customer relationships
To get started with SaaS blogging, it is important to first identify your target audience and choose topics that are relevant to them. You should also create a content calendar to help you plan and schedule your blog posts. When writing your blog posts, be sure to focus on providing high-quality content that is informative, engaging, and actionable.
But in order to have all these benefits for your SaaS product, you’ll have to write clear and concise headlines that accurately reflect the content. Use visuals to break down the text, making it engaging and appealing.
Don’t forget to promote the blog post through social media or email newsletters. If you receive comments or questions, aim to answer them all.
As you create a successful SaaS blogging strategy, you help your company grow, attract customers, and make them your partners.
Understanding Your B2B SaaS Audience
For SaaS, and for all industries in general, you need to understand who your audience is and what they expect to find when searching on the internet for answers.
First, you must determine the purpose of your SaaS product, followed by the ideal customer for it. You can surely write general blogs that will rank high on search engines, but make them just a small part of the whole strategy. Still, if you want your audience to be loyal, focus on creating targeted pieces that resonate with their needs.
But how to do that?
Spotting Your Potential Customers
Depending on what your SaaS product is about, you can offer different benefits of blogging for B2B SaaS. Surely, they must detect a need for a specific solution and then find your useful blogs.
Among the potential customers are business owners and decision-makers, then IT professionals, marketing and sales roles within a company, customer service professionals, developers, engineers, industry analysts, and many others.
For example, if you sell SaaS products for the healthcare industry, you could write blog posts about topics about choosing the right healthcare SaaS solution, how it improves patient care or even case studies about successful collaborations.
Another example is edtech SaaS for education institutions. When covering a specific niche, you have to build the blogging strategy around the common questions and specific needs your target customers have. In this case, that would be managing large student data, organizing group notifications, improving workflow within education administration, etc.
Identifying Your SaaS Target Audience
Once you have a general understanding of your target audience, you can start to identify specific groups of people to target with your SaaS blog content.
For example, your options are:
- People who research SaaS products or services
- People who are using your competitors’ SaaS products or services
- People who have recently signed up for a free trial of your SaaS product
- People who have attended your SaaS webinars or events
All of them research blog topics, industry insights, or long-form content to better understand what they need and buy the solution.
The B2B SaaS content marketing will help you cover all these aspects and even improve the SaaS SEO game through specialized blogs. The goal is to balance between proven SEO tactics and making the content the most helpful possible. There is no formula to help you with that, but you can test different approaches in SaaS blogging in order to find the balance.
Crafting a Strategy For a SaaS Blog
In order to receive the SEO benefits of blogging for B2B SaaS, you need to craft a strategy first and then write or optimize.
Once you’re aware of the ideal customer and target audience, it’s time to answer the needs of those customers through tailored blogs.
But first, you need to set goals and objectives and then create a content calendar, plan the publishing schedule, and optimize the old content to improve its potential.
How to Set Goals and Objectives to Increase SaaS Blogging Benefits?
Before writing and publishing a blog post, you need to answer a few questions first. For example, what are the key phrases you want your piece to appear for on Google? What questions do you aim to answer in your blog post? What are the benefits you offer to your target audience? Will the reader find the content piece useful or just informative?
Once you have the answers, you can set some goals and objectives like:
- Increasing the organic traffic for relevant keywords
- Ranking higher for specific keywords
- Increase the monthly traffic for the whole website
- Generate backlinks from quality websites
- Improve brand awareness through the blog content
- Generate more new leads per month from the blog
So, once you set the goals and objectives, you can focus on creating content briefs and assigning them to the SaaS writers. Once you publish the blogs, you need to promote the pieces through social media, especially the company’s pages and profiles.
Make sure you respond to comments and questions and monitor the blog’s performance in order to adjust the strategy.
Pro tip: When setting goals and objectives, be very specific. Instead of “increasing organic traffic,” set a number that you can easily measure, like “increasing organic traffic about 20% this month” or “improving the organic rank for at least one position in SERPs.”
Writing Engaging Content to Increase the SEO Benefits for SaaS
At this point, you may ask how all those things we mentioned benefit the SEO for your SaaS company.
But the answer is very simple.
Through the years, search engines improved their algorithms and quality raters in order to avoid practices like keyword stuffing, spam backlinks, and meaningless content full of high-ranking search queries.
Instead, they reward useful, helpful, and engaging content. You still need to spot the relevant queries, but using them in SaaS blog posts is different. Don’t try to pile them up in the blog because that’s an outdated technique that search engines highly disapprove of.
The keywords are a great way to show both search engines and readers what your content is about. Use them wisely and optimize the meta tags and headings while keeping the paragraphs useful and engaging.
Perform a Keyword Research to Get Writing Ideas
Keyword research is the process of finding the relevant keywords for your SaaS product. You can use AI tools or free/paid SEO tools for this purpose. But the real art of writing optimized and helpful content is placing those keywords where needed.
Depending on what your SaaS product is for, you can get thousands of ideas for writing B2B SaaS blogs as part of your content strategy.
As you discover relevant keywords, you can create a list of blog title ideas relevant to your company. These keywords and queries will further help you create engaging content briefs. You can even search the queries on preferred search engines to understand the results.
The process is simple – start with the query you want to rank for and continue with the ideas you can find through related searches and SEO tools.
Once done, you will easily create awareness funnel content, set SaaS metrics, and execute the content strategy following industry trends and SEO practices.
Align the Content with Keyword Intent
In the world of SaaS, you need to understand the buyer journey, thinking process, and decision-making in order to match the content with the keyword intent.
Informational keywords are great for page copies and educational blog posts. But if you want to encourage a decision, you must focus on commercial and transactional keywords, especially when highlighting the product benefits in your blog posts.
This way, you boost your SEO strategy, but also target only the relevant people who really need your solution.
The SEO Benefits of Blogging for B2B SaaS Summarized
For fast-growing B2B SaaS companies, blogging is essential so they can communicate with the target audience and rank better on Google and other search engines.
As we introduced the basics of SaaS blogging, the purpose of SEO blogs, and their importance for customer success, we can now summarize the benefits too:
- Increased relevant web traffic because you write useful blog posts targeting relevant search queries
- More conversion because the audience finds the blogs useful and helpful
- Better SERP ranking because you publish consistently for your target audience
- Establishing authority and building trust, increasing the chances for the potential customers to choose your product
- Targeting long-tail keywords that are highly relevant to your audience, resulting in lead conversion
- Creating a network of internal links between your blogs and relevant pages for a better user experience
- Publishing fresh content to showcase relevance and authority within the industry
- Social sharing and high potential for quality backlinks from authoritative sources
- Conversion opportunities, especially if you effectively address the audience’s pain points
- Further optimization to improve the ranks and performance
We can say that blogging is a powerful tool for B2B SaaS success. By combining the existing SEO strategies with knowledge, useful content, and targeted messaging, you can easily optimize your B2B SaaS blog for organic search.
As a result, you increase your chances of ranking higher on search engines and also establish your company as a thought leader in the industry.
In general, use SaaS blogging to enhance your SEO strategy, lead generation, conversion, content marketing, and surely brand awareness. All these factors largely contribute to the SEO benefits of blogging for SaaS, making your company a successful leader in a pretty competitive market.